Table of Contents
*All information in this post is my opinion and gathered through my own research. Please do your own research before following any information in this post. This is for information purposes only. Also consult your doctor before taking any supplements*
**This post contains affiliate links. I receive a commission from any purchases that are made. This in no way changes the price for you. I am paid directly from the manufacturer.**
Are you looking for a reliable way to preserve your food for longer periods of time? Look no further than the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer!
This innovative appliance offers a cost-effective solution to food preservation, helping you cut down on food waste and save money in the long run.
My Video Review Below……
Read on to learn more about why this freeze dryer may be the perfect solution for your needs.
Harvest Right Freeze Dryer
- A home freeze dryer from Harvest Right allows you to preserve the food your family loves to eat.
- Freeze drying locks in both flavor and nutrition and can last for years, making freeze-dried food even better than fresh!
- A home freeze dryer is perfect, depending on your lifestyle.
- ✅Food Preservation: Freeze drying allows for long-term preservation of a wide variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, meats, and more, without the need for refrigeration.
- ✅Nutritional Value: Freeze drying retains the nutritional value of foods better than other preservation methods, such as canning or dehydrating.
- ✅Flavor and Texture: Freeze-dried foods often maintain their original flavor and texture, making them more appealing to eat.
- ✅Reduced Food Waste: You can freeze dry surplus or excess produce, reducing food waste.
- ✅Customization: You have control over what you freeze dry, so you can create your own snacks, meals, and emergency food supplies.
- ✅Long Shelf Life: Freeze-dried foods can last for 20-25 years when properly stored in vacuum-sealed containers.
- ✅Energy Efficiency: Modern freeze dryers are more energy-efficient than older models, saving on electricity costs.
- ✅Convenience: Once freeze-dried, foods are lightweight, easy to store, and require minimal preparation for consumption.
- ✅Emergency Preparedness: Freeze-dried foods are a valuable addition to emergency preparedness kits.
- ❌Cost: Harvest Right freeze dryers can be expensive to purchase, although they may save money in the long run if you use them frequently.
- ❌Size and Space: Freeze dryers can be large and require a dedicated space in your home or kitchen.
- ❌Time-Consuming: The freeze-drying process can take hours to complete, so it’s not a quick way to prepare food.
- ❌Maintenance: Maintenance and cleaning can be time-consuming, and the machine may require regular upkeep.
- ❌Noise: Freeze dryers can be noisy during operation, which could be disruptive.
- ❌Upfront Learning Curve: Learning to use a freeze dryer effectively may take some time and experimentation.
Let’s dive into Why this Home Freeze Dryer May Be Your Best Choice……
This freeze dryer comes from a recommendation of one of my friends. He and his wife use this freeze dryer to store food for him, his wife, and grand daughter.
He has freeze dried many different foods and highly recommends it. If you skip to the bottom of this article you will see all the things me and my family have freeze dried…
These freeze dyers come in three sizes small, medium, and large. The size you will need will depend on how big your family is and how much food you will want to store.
For comparison my friend uses the medium one for he and his family. I have a family of five so I would go with the large.
Apples, Apricots, Avocado, Bananas, Blueberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Coconut, Grapes, Jackfruit, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Oranges, Peaches, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon
Chicken, Fish, Ham, Hamburger, Pulled Pork, Roast Beef, Sausage, Steak, Turkey, Venison
Asparagus, Beans, Broccoli, Carrot, Celery, Corn, Eggplant, Kale, Mushroom, Onion, Peas, Peppers, Potato, Pumpkin, Spinach, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Yam, Zucchini
EGGS & DAIRY
Cottage Cheese, Eggnog, Eggs, Ice Cream, Milk, Cheese, Sour Cream, Whipped Cream, Yogurt
HERBS & SPICES
Basil, Chives, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Jalapeño, Lavender, Mint, Oregano, Sage, Thyme
Beef Stroganoff, Casseroles, Cheese Steak, Chicken Parmesan, Chili, Chow Mein, Enchiladas, Fajitas, Ham Fried Rice, Hash Browns, Jambalaya, Lasagna, Macaroni & Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Meat Loaf, Meatballs, Pasta, Pizza, Roast Turkey Dinner, Roast Beef Dinner, Rice, Scrambled Eggs, Soup, Stew
SNACKS & DRINK
Coffee, Cheesecake, Guacamole, Gummy Bears, Jell-O, Marshmallows, Orange Juice, Pie, Pudding, Saltwater Taffy, Salsa, Skittles, Smoothies
For an explanation of what foods can and can’t be freeze dried, check on the article below:
Why Harvest Right?
Freeze drying maintains nearly all of the nutritional value of fresh food. Other methods of preservation, such as canning and dehydrating, use high temperatures that destroy much of the food value.
Refrigerated and frozen food don’t last as long. Freeze dried food will last up to 25 years and does not need to be to be rotated like other foods. Freeze dried food is perfect for home storage.
Harvest Right freeze dryers produce food that looks and tastes better than store-bought freeze dried food. Experience the Harvest Right difference!
Freeze drying works great for fruits and vegetables, but unlike other options, it also perfectly preserves meat, fish, dairy, eggs, ice cream, and even fully-cooked meals.
Discover how fun and delicious freeze-dried desserts and snacks can be! From freeze-dried ice cream to gummy bears and the very favorite – Skittles! There is such a demand for freeze-dried candy that many businesses specializing in freeze-dried sweets are taking off.
Not only will the food you freeze dry at home look and taste better than store-bought freeze-dried food, it’s much less expensive! Freeze dry all of your leftover meals, and you’ll save even more money.
For a more in depth look into advantages of freeze drying, check out the articles below:
How does it work?
The freeze dryer removes moisture from food items by freezing them and then creating a vacuum environment to sublimate the frozen water directly into vapor.
This process preserves the food’s texture, flavor, and nutritional value.
What can I freeze dry with it?
You can freeze dry a wide range of foods, from fruits and vegetables to meats, dairy, and even complete meals. Some users also freeze dry herbs, soups, and desserts.
How long does the freeze-drying process take?
The duration varies based on the type of food, its moisture content, and the size of the individual pieces. On average, the process takes around 24 to 36 hours.
What is the benefit of freeze-dried food?
Freeze-dried food retains its original taste, texture, color, and up to 97% of its nutrients. It also has an extended shelf life of 20 years or more when stored properly.
How much space does it require?
The freeze dryer dimensions vary based on the model, but they are generally around 30″ tall, 20″ wide, and 25″ deep. Make sure to allocate some space for the necessary clearance around the unit.
Can I purchase additional accessories?
Yes, Harvest Right offers various accessories like mylar bags, oxygen absorbers, and vacuum pumps for proper packaging and long-term storage of freeze-dried items.
Do I need special power requirements?
Most Harvest Right freeze dryers operate on standard household electrical outlets. However, it’s important to check the power requirements for the specific model you’re interested in.
Is there a warranty?
Yes, Harvest Right offers a limited warranty on their freeze dryers. Warranty duration and coverage can vary, so it’s recommended to review the details before purchasing.
With the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer, you get a cost-effective and reliable way to preserve your food for extended periods of time.
It helps to keep food fresh longer, reduce spoilage, and make it easy to prepare nutritious meals without having to worry about food going bad.
The freeze dryer is also easy to use and requires minimal energy use. Moreover, you can choose from a variety of different sizes and models to meet your needs.
In conclusion, the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer is an investment that will pay dividends for years to come.
Once you get your freeze dryer you need to properly clean and maintain it. Check out the article below to find out how:
After about a months worth of using this machine, I want to give you an update and share my two cents.
First I am going to post some pictures below to show some of the “fruits” of our labor…..
Strawberries getting ready to go in……..
Strawberries after coming out of the machine..
Eggs after. There are 72 eggs total in those 3 jars. Crazy……
Below are some pictures of the machine in action at our house.
Disregard all the toys you see in the background. We have the machine in our finished basement which also contains the kids play room.
Front view of the “beast”. This thing is heavy and it is only the medium sized version. It took me and another guy to move it.
Side view. You can see the green pump behind it and a bucket under the drain valve.
This is the side and front of the pump. You can see the oil level gauge right there in front, which makes it easy to keep and eye on the oil level.
Behind the pump you can see the oil you use. It is pretty easy to fill up. You just unscrew the big black nob on the front and pour it in.
Here is your drain valve. This is what you open when you do your defrost. The ice will melt and drain into this bucket.
The system also came with this handy sealer. You plug it in and then lift the handle, place your mylar or plastic bag in it and push down the handle. It will then seal your bag for you.
After using this thing for a-little while I can say that it can be a lot of work but the end result is worth it. One of the hardest things I found was to try and plan when the food would be done and ready to put into storage.
It makes it kind of hard because on the screen on the machine it shows you a loading bar and show how far along the food is. The problem is that it doesn’t show you the amount of time left, so you have to guess based upon n how much time it had already taken.
That would be one of my suggestions to HarvestRight, to have a count down timer instead of a loading bar. That would make it much easier to plan.
Who Is This Machine For?
From my personal experience this machine would be good for those who grow their own food or have access to good produce.
Also you have to have the time to be able to prepare the food to go into the freeze dryer and also have the time to properly store it when it is done.
I would say it is also for those who have a spouse or family that would help and get involved in the process. My youngest(who is 6) really enjoyed helping me take the eggs out, grinding them, and putting them in the jars.
You also have to be someone who pays attention to detail and is able to store the food properly. The last thing you want to do is open up the food in an emergency situation and it has gone bad.
Who This Machine Is Not For…
If you are someone who is busy and is hardly home then this machine will not fit your needs very well. Like I said above, you have to be able to plan out when the food will be done and be able to properly take care of it.
This also isn’t for someone who doesn’t want to do a whole lot of work. It is work to prepare the food, properly store it, and clean up all your supplies.
Also you have to be patient. Most foods take at least 24hrs to finish the process of freeze drying.
I just wanted to give you the quick update above to let you in on some of the insights I gained while using this machine. Hope that helped….
FYI: I ran this machine for the majority of the month, there were some days I didn’t run it, but I just got my electric bill and it only went up about 20 bucks. That is awesome!!!
Now that you have a great way to preserve your food, here are some articles below that will get you started and help you grow your own food……..
Articles that will help you grow your food………
- Discover the Benefits of Low Maintenance Gardening with this Documentary
- Best Raised Bed Gardening Book: My #1 Pick
- The Best Urban Garden Ideas: Unlock the Potential of Your Small Space
- The Ultimate Guide to Backyard Foraging: Forages in Your Own Backyard
- 3 Advantages of Using Amino Acid Fertilizer on Plants
- Best Gardening Tools To Own
- The Best Organic Weed Killers: A Comprehensive Guide to Safely Eliminate Weeds
- Weeding 101: A Comprehensive Guide to Making Weeding Easier
- The Best Survival Seeds: Our Top 3 Picks for Preparedness
- An In-Depth Review of Rise Garden: Is It Worth the Investment?
Til next time……..