The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the 5 Best Survival Saws
Survival saws are an essential tool for any outdoor enthusiast. Whether you’re an avid hiker, hunter, or just enjoy spending time in the great outdoors, a survival saw can be a literal lifesaver.
In this ultimate guide, we’ll go over all you need to know to choose the 5 best survival saws to suit your needs.
Introduction to Survival Saws
A survival saw is a type of cutting tool that is usually hand-held and portable. They are designed to be used in survival situations where a regular saw might not be available.
The primary advantage of a survival saw is its portability and versatility. They are designed to be lightweight and can be easily carried in a backpack or even in a pocket.
Survival saws are typically used for cutting wood and other materials. They can also be used to make shelter, build fires, and even prepare food. They are also useful for cutting through bone and other tough materials.
Survival saws are generally not suitable for precision cutting, however, they can be used for quick, rough cuts.
There are many different types of survival saws available on the market. Some are designed for specific purposes, while others are more versatile.
To help you find the best survival saw for your needs, we’ll go over the most popular types and the considerations you should keep in mind when choosing one.
The 5 Best Survival Saws:
MOSSY OAK 3 in 1 Folding Saw
- THREE MULTI-PURPOSE BLADES – All blades are sharp for smooth, fast sawing: 1. [Pruning blade – black coated surface]: 5TPI, 65Mn, Length 190 mm (7.5 inch), for ≤ 70 mm branches;
- Hardwood/Plastic blade – gray surface]: 11TPI, 65Mn, Length 190 mm (7.5 inch), for ≤ 5 mm plastic pipe or 120 mm hardwood; 3. [Metal blade – polished coated surface]: 18TPI, 58CrV, Length 190 mm (7.5 inch), for ≤ 1 mm copper pipe or 1.5 mm aluminium pipe
- SOFT YET SOLID HANDLE – Economic slip-resistant comfort grip handle features with TPR rubber coated. The proper size can work with any hand size. The rugged razor tooth blade remains stable during strong pulls resulting in accurate cuts
10” Folding Hand Saw by Frog & CO
- Versatile: Use the folding saw on your next bushcraft project, hiking, gardening, camping, hunting, or survival needs. Adjustable blade: This heavy duty rugged blade is made of SK5 steel.
- The dual angle is ideal for cutting through small to medium sized branches. Stable non-slip handle: The ergonomic non-slip handle makes for a comfortable grip while cutting.
- Folding design: The saw’s foldable design makes it a safe way to store and transport without the fear of an accident.
- Lightweight: Weighing in at a mere .86 lbs, this folding saw will be a great tool to add to your backpack.
Pocket Chainsaw with Paracord Handle
- Pocket Chainsaw: The Pocket Chainsaw is Suitable For Survival Gear, Camping, Hunting, SOS, but not just for these! The multitude hand chainsaw are so portable when you are in camping And Our pocket chainsaw is extremely light weight, flexible.
- This survival saw is designed to cut through hardwood easily in tight places and specially treated to help prevent rust and corrosion. This saw can be used by anyone!
Gerber EXO-MOD Pack Hunting Saw
- Snap-together sheathes allow users to select specific products for their kit
- Lightweight, skeletonized handle
- Slender design for pack or hip carry
- Full tang construction improves durability
KERYE Hand Saw
- The best gift choice for woodworking lovers.
- Portable Folding Saw The KERYE pocket folding saw is small and portable, the flush cut saw is only 6.3 inches after folding, suitable for camping, outdoor.
- Flat Cut The KERYE hand saw is made of High temperature quenching and has a 3-sided serrated sharp sawtooth to make the cut flat.
- SK5 Blade KY03 is 5.5 inch long, 0.23 inch thick, double-sided serrated 13 & 14T. The hand saw is made of high quality SK5 steel, which is far superior to ordinary spring steel in terms of working life and metal elasticity.
Types of Survival Saws
There are several different types of survival saws available on the market. Each type has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. Here are the most popular types and their key features:
- Folding Saw: These saws are made from two pieces of metal that are connected by a hinge. They are lightweight and easy to transport, but not as strong as other types of saws. They are suitable for quick, rough cuts, but not for precision work.
- Bow Saw: Bow saws are made from a metal frame with a tensioned wire or blade. They are designed to be used for cutting wood, and they are stronger than folding saws. They are also more suitable for precision cutting.
- Hacksaw: Hacksaws are designed for cutting metal. They are usually made from a metal frame with a tensioned blade. They are not suitable for cutting wood, but they are very effective for cutting through metal and other hard materials.
- Chain Saw: Chain saws are the most powerful type of survival saw. They are designed for cutting through thick wood and hard materials. They are heavy and bulky, however, so they are not suitable for carrying in a backpack.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Survival Saw
When choosing a survival saw, there are several important considerations to keep in mind. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Size and Weight: The size and weight of the saw is an important consideration. If you plan to carry the saw in your backpack, you’ll want to choose one that is lightweight and compact.
- Blade Type: Different saws use different types of blades. Some blades are more suitable for cutting wood, while others are better for cutting metal. Make sure to choose a saw with the right blade for the job.
- Durability: Durability is an important factor to consider. Make sure to choose a saw that is made from high-quality materials and is designed to last.
- Price: Price is also an important factor to consider. Survival saws can range in price from very inexpensive to quite expensive. Make sure to choose one that fits your budget.
Conclusion – How To Choose The Right Survival Saw For You
Now that you know more about the different types of survival saws and the considerations to keep in mind when choosing one, you should have a better idea of which saw is right for you.
Make sure to consider the size and weight, blade type, durability, and price when making your decision.
We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you find the 5 best survival saws to suit your needs. Remember, the right saw for you is the one that meets your needs and fits within your budget. Happy shopping!
About The Author
My name is Robert and those that know me know that I like to research and to always be prepared the best I can for whatever life brings my way. This website was born out of putting those two things together. I am married with 3 children, a dog, 2 hamsters, 3 fish, and a gecko.
There is plenty of adventures and fun situations that happen at my house. We live in a rural down home town and like to enjoy lots of time with our immediate and extended family. My primary job is in the medical field which can be an adventure of it’s own at times.
My desire for this website is for it to be a place where you can come and find products and information that will help you be prepared for whatever life throws at you.
Thanks For Reading,
*All information in this post is my opinion and gathered through my own research. Please do your own research before following any information in this post. This is for information purposes only. Also consult your doctor before taking any supplements*
**This post contains affiliate links. I receive a commission from any purchases that are made. This in no way changes the price for you. I am paid directly from the manufacturer.**